Please upgrade your browser.
Tour of Wardenclyffe: Morning Group - May 19, 2018
DATE: Saturday, May 19, 2018
TIME: 10:00 - 11:00 am
PLACE: Tesla Science Center at Wardenclyffe, 5 Randall Rd, Shoreham NY 11786
COST: $20 per person - Ages 10 and up
Discover the fascinating facts and myths surrounding Wardenclyffe, the only remaining laboratory of the great inventor, Nikola Tesla. Walk in Tesla's footsteps during this one-hour guided tour in which you will explore the grounds outside the laboratory while learning about Wardenclyffe's intriguing past, present, and future. Highlights of the tour include:
- Wardenclyffe History: Learn about Tesla's dream to transform farmland on Long Island into a "Radio City" for transmitting wireless energy. Hear the story of Wardenclyffe's conception, construction and controversial past.
- Laboratory: Get a close-up look at the exterior of Tesla's workshop at Wardenclyffe, and discover the unique features of this historic building where Tesla brainstormed and built his inventions.
- Tower Base: Explore the octagonal base where Tesla's legendary wireless transmitting tower once stood. Learn facts about the tower's history--and the mysterious questions that remain.
- Bricks for Nik Plaza: Visit one of Wardenclyffe's most unique features, built from bricks donated by Tesla fans from around the world and engraved with inspirational messages. This is also the perfect spot for a photo op with Wardenclyffe's larger-than-life statue of Tesla.
- The Future at TSCW: Get an exclusive look at the future of Wardenclyffe. Learn about Tesla's contributions as an inventor and humanitarian, and how his legacy continues as TSCW develops Wardenclyffe into a center for education, research and entrepreneurship.
WHAT TO WEAR: Dress in comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
WHAT TO BRING: Bring water, sunscreen, sunglasses, and insect repellent to protect against ticks. Bring camera and binoculars if desired.